This is my first post as a wife of a D-blogger. Or more accurately, my first post as a blogger ever; so bear with me... Spelling and grammar may not be exact :):) I'm not the writer in the family, that would be my husband (The Corner Booth) - you can look there to find correct usage of the English language; I have the math brain in the family. This is all mine - my spot to vent, cry, tell funny stories (some D related, some not), get advice and possible give some in return.
I have been the wife of a type 1 diabetic for a little over 4 years now, but have had the big D in my life for almost 10 years. On that note, let me answer some of your basic questions:
1) Yes, we are planning on having children
2) No, I'm not 'freaked' out that I may have a diabetic child
3) No, I do not have Diabetes
4) Yes, I love sugar and have a huge sweet-tooth
5) Yes, I have called the paramedics for my husband - twice to our house and once to a Panara (that was a rocking good time)
So, there you have it - my first post on my first blog. Please be kind if you have any comments and if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer. Just remember, whether you are new or old to the D; whether a spouse, parent, sibling of the D - it's the person you love, not the disease and that person will help you through the laughter & tears.